Deaf4Life - Bringing the Community Together: RNID now involved? - Deaf4Life - Bringing the Community Together

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

RNID now involved? Rate Topic: -----

Posted 31 May 2006 - 12:24 PM (#1) User is offline   dvdwarrior 

  • Posts: 138
  • Joined: 24-October 03

Notice now RNID involve?

ABOUT TIME! :D

Can I ask RNID to check all the music DVD and comedy DVD too to raise profile about it?

Also check every week new release?

Will they do that or one off? What will be RNID aim to do in this?

Cheers

Neil
0

Posted 31 May 2006 - 12:48 PM (#2) User is offline   mat 

  • DVD-Subtitles Webmaster
  • Posts: 381
  • Joined: --

Hello,

The RNID have been in touch for a while as they are running a campaign to improve subtitles on TV and DVD. They are using dvd-subtitles.com as a source of statistics on subtitled DVDs, and they are also promoting dvd-subtitles.com as the major source of information on subtitled DVDs, which is good for us and it also adds credibility to their campaign.

I have a good relationship with online rental company LoveFilm.com and I have access to LoveFilm's warehouse in Peterborough. I can go there any time to check DVD titles. Unfortunately as I have a full-time career, I simply don't have the time to do so. The RNID stepped in and have offered to visit the warehouse from time to time on on my behalf.

The RNID's first visit to the LoveFilm warehouse was last week, and I have just been entering the information they collected on 68 DVDs across a variety of categories. I asked them particularly to check DVDs in categories that we seem to be lacking information on - including sports, music & special interest. Not surprisingly most of these turned out to be not subtitled, but there were a few pleasant surprises.

You can browse through the titles rated by the RNID in the comments history page.

Cheers,
mat
Webmaster, dvd-subtitles.com
0

Posted 01 June 2006 - 07:41 PM (#3) User is offline   dvdwarrior 

  • Posts: 138
  • Joined: 24-October 03

That is cool. How often will RNID will visit LoveFilm? If they did 68 DVD in one day visit so I reckon to do check 40,000 DVD currently available would take 588 visit! Can do all in 2 years every day! Or do reach 1,000 DVD on each visit will only take 40 visits! Think in 40 days - we will be out of things to do!!!

Neil



View Postmat, on May 31 2006, 01:53 PM, said:

Hello,

The RNID have been in touch for a while as they are running a campaign to improve subtitles on TV and DVD. They are using dvd-subtitles.com as a source of statistics on subtitled DVDs, and they are also promoting dvd-subtitles.com as the major source of information on subtitled DVDs, which is good for us and it also adds credibility to their campaign.

I have a good relationship with online rental company LoveFilm.com and I have access to LoveFilm's warehouse in Peterborough. I can go there any time to check DVD titles. Unfortunately as I have a full-time career, I simply don't have the time to do so. The RNID stepped in and have offered to visit the warehouse from time to time on on my behalf.

The RNID's first visit to the LoveFilm warehouse was last week, and I have just been entering the information they collected on 68 DVDs across a variety of categories. I asked them particularly to check DVDs in categories that we seem to be lacking information on - including sports, music & special interest. Not surprisingly most of these turned out to be not subtitled, but there were a few pleasant surprises.

You can browse through the titles rated by the RNID in the comments history page.

Cheers,
mat

0

Posted 14 April 2011 - 09:22 AM (#4) User is offline   Tony 

  • The Big Boss
  • Posts: 3,774
  • Joined: 22-July 04
  • Gender:Male
  • Hearing Status:Deaf

Hi Matt,

I know I am replying to a very, very old topic... but this interests me. Do you (or RNID) still do this?

Thanks.
- Tony Sutton
- Check out my Car's DashCam on YouTube
0

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:17 PM (#5) User is offline   ladyhawk 

  • Posts: 14
  • Joined: 04-March 11
  • Hearing Status:Deaf

its ashame they that Lovefilm online watching do not have subtitles that is why I stopped using them! Why should I pay for package when I can't use all the benefits!
1

Posted 24 April 2011 - 09:39 PM (#6) User is offline   CrazyComputerMan 

  • Posts: 634
  • Joined: 13-July 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Hearing Status:Deaf

I left LOVEfilm as they charge me for late DVD around 2 month which i love it and watching it and they demend a DVD back and i thought it was NO LATES Fee's? :cc_confused: :cc_confused: Left Lovefilm but joined BlockBuster DVD rentals and having no problem with it.
0

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:27 PM (#7) User is offline   CrazyD 

  • The Crazy One
  • Posts: 301
  • Joined: 07-February 11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Weston super Mare
  • Hearing Status:Hard Of Hearing

Thats stupid if there is a late fee? - I thought you paid a monthly subscription to have the DVD's for as long as you wanted, after all they're still getting your money.

Or is there some Buy As You Browse service (DVD on Demand) that I don't know about? - Dunno never used DVD rental services.

Also thanks to ladyhawk for mentioning no subtitles on their online service - shame really, I was going to be looking into that maybe if they did.
0

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:17 PM (#8) User is offline   dj_intheuk 

  • Posts: 109
  • Joined: 11-December 09
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:London, UK
  • Hearing Status:Hard Of Hearing

View PostTony, on 14 April 2011 - 09:22 AM, said:

Hi Matt,

I know I am replying to a very, very old topic... but this interests me. Do you (or RNID) still do this?

Thanks.


I would like to know also. Love Film is now owned by Amazon and I really want them to improve info on subtitles availability. Especially for non-DVD, streamed content online and via Internet enabled TV's etc.

Dawn
|| Love subtitles? Visit my blog - i heart subtitles || follow on twitter: @iheartsubtitles / @dj_intheuk ||
0

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:44 AM (#9) User is offline   CrazyComputerMan 

  • Posts: 634
  • Joined: 13-July 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Hearing Status:Deaf

View Postdj_intheuk, on 24 February 2012 - 12:17 PM, said:

View PostTony, on 14 April 2011 - 09:22 AM, said:

Hi Matt,

I know I am replying to a very, very old topic... but this interests me. Do you (or RNID) still do this?

Thanks.


I would like to know also. Love Film is now owned by Amazon and I really want them to improve info on subtitles availability. Especially for non-DVD, streamed content online and via Internet enabled TV's etc.

Dawn


Also with range of choice in ITunes movies
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users


IPB Skins by Skinbox


Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options
  Or sign in with these services