Deaf4Life - Bringing the Community Together: Criterion extras subtitles - Deaf4Life - Bringing the Community Together

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Criterion extras subtitles Rate Topic: -----

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:03 AM (#1) User is offline   ioannis00 

Criterion editions are widely considered among the best- if not the best- mainly because of the picture quality and the abundant extras. The problem is that these valuable extras (commentaries, documentaries etc.) are often not subtitled. I suggest that we report in this thread which Criterion editions of movies have their extras subtitled and which don't. Unfortunately I can't contribute to this at the moment, because I don't own any Criterion, due to their high prices (I'm waiting for special offers to start buying).

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:48 AM (#2) User is offline   SteveSub 

The British Film Institute seem to have subtitles on all their DVD extras and Masters Of Cinema are also very good at this. Some films have been released by Criterion in America and by Masters of Cinema in the UK (for example, "The Devil and Daniel Webster").

Posted 26 February 2009 - 10:25 AM (#3) User is offline   mat 

• DVD-Subtitles Webmaster

View Postioannis00, on Feb 26 2009, 09:08 AM, said:

Criterion editions are widely considered among the best- if not the best- mainly because of the picture quality and the abundant extras. The problem is that these valuable extras (commentaries, documentaries etc.) are often not subtitled. I suggest that we report in this thread which Criterion editions of movies have their extras subtitled and which don't. Unfortunately I can't contribute to this at the moment, because I don't own any Criterion, due to their high prices (I'm waiting for special offers to start buying).

It would be far more useful if you could report these titles on the dvd-subtitles.com site itself, so that other visitors to the site can be aware that the extras are not subtitled.

Mat
Webmaster, dvd-subtitles.com

Posted 26 February 2009 - 04:58 PM (#4) User is offline   ioannis00 

View Postmat, on Feb 26 2009, 11:30 AM, said:

It would be far more useful if you could report these titles on the dvd-subtitles.com site itself, so that other visitors to the site can be aware that the extras are not subtitled.

Mat

I understand your point, but as I've already mentioned I don't own, for the time being, any Criterion titles. Besides Criterion are coded R1, so I couldn't report them on the dvd-subtitles.com.

This post has been edited by ioannis00: 26 February 2009 - 05:20 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skins by Skinbox

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options
  Or sign in with these services