Deaf4Life - Bringing the Community Together: DVD Bargains!!!! - Deaf4Life - Bringing the Community Together

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DVD Bargains!!!! Rate Topic: -----

Posted 08 December 2003 - 11:44 AM (#1) User is offline   mat 

• DVD-Subtitles Webmaster

Hi all,

Now that Xmas is coming up, I have put up a new bargains page. This page shows all the current subtitled DVDs in the database for under £10, and ordered by the cheapest first.

Spread the word, and enjoy!

Mat
Webmaster, dvd-subtitles.com

Posted 11 December 2003 - 07:58 AM (#2) User is offline   Gareth 

• Hearing Status:Deaf

Just had a quick look at it, looks fantastic Mat B)

Posted 24 May 2005 - 03:26 PM (#3) Guest_mosquito_*

mat, on Dec 8 2003, 12:49 PM, said:

Hi all,

Now that Xmas is coming up, I have put up a new bargains page. This page shows all the current subtitled DVDs in the database for under £10, and ordered by the cheapest first.

Spread the word, and enjoy!

Mat
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not sure that Twin Peaks is subtitled, the box says that it has no subtitle option :D

Posted 09 January 2006 - 01:04 PM (#4) User is offline   gordonhay007 

Mat,

I have been looking at the DVD Bargains.

Fcuk me! You are purely advertising DVD.co.uk website - contact them that you have decided to supply a list of bargains in the website which automatically goes to their website so that you would like to have a handsome sum for "re-directing" to their site and no other. Or deal it with an advertising banner exchanges.

Worth a try.

Posted 09 January 2006 - 01:34 PM (#5) User is offline   mat 

View Postgordonhay007, on Jan 9 2006, 01:09 PM, said:

Fcuk me!

Kind offer - may I politely refuse? :)

You are purely advertising DVD.co.uk website - contact them that you have decided to supply a list of bargains in the website which automatically goes to their website so that you would like to have a handsome sum for "re-directing" to their site and no other. Or deal it with an advertising banner exchanges.

Worth a try.

Hmm, well spotted. I have 6 affiliated websites (the prices down the right side on the DVD details pages). I get commission for every DVD sold via one of those links. It seems that at the moment, dvd.co.uk are doing all the best prices on TV series box sets - which is why all the top links on the bargains page are for dvd.co.uk's prices.

The bargains page automatically picks out the titles with the greatest savings and it seems that the moment dvd.co.uk are doing really good deals on a lot of TV series and offering them at much lower prices than their competitors. Its pure coincidence that all the bargains pages seem to feature dvd.co.uk's offers, and I wasn't aware of it.

As I said, I am affiliated with dvd-co.uk and have an arrangement to pick up commission for sales via my links. Unfortunately sales via the affiliate links on the site have always been extremely slow - I think the majority of people are using the site to look up subtitled DVDs but then browsing elsewhere to buy the same title instead of using my price links. Is this what you guys do? It would help to get some feedback and perhaps some ideas how I could improve the site to encourage more people to buy DVDs via my affiliate links.

Cheers,
Mat

Posted 14 January 2006 - 09:19 PM (#6) User is offline   StarryKat 

Twin Peaks boxset DOES have subtitles available, don't know why it doesn't say so on the box but it DOES! I own it and it's excellent. Here's hoping that Season 2 will be subtitled as well!

Posted 10 February 2006 - 12:40 PM (#7) User is offline   dvdwarrior 

Mat

Have bought couple of DVDs - through your website - but I also check other like ebay, amazons, checkprice etc. before I decide. I am not bother if 50 pence more on other as I know dvd-subtitles.com need more people to buy dvd from this so therefore increase your profile. I like play.com too.

How do you know if people are buying DVD that is influence from your website?

dvdwarrior

Posted 10 February 2006 - 01:04 PM (#8) User is offline   mat 

The site is linked to the online stores via a 3rd party affiliate management website such as Tradedoubler (www.tradedoubler.co.uk). They provide click and sales statistics. I also keep my own statistics of how many people are clicking through to affiliates, but its very difficult to see which clicks lead to sales.

The affiliates are supposed to "remember" customers and pay me commission if the customer continues to buy more DVDs from an affiliate without actually visiting dvd-subtitles.com every time. I have doubts as to how reliable this is though.

Mat

Posted 23 February 2009 - 07:29 PM (#9) User is offline   gordonhay007 

What's happening with the DVD Bargains site? I presume it is being revamped - change the price from 10 to 5!! lol

Posted 24 February 2009 - 08:29 AM (#10) User is offline   mat 

View Postgordonhay007, on Feb 23 2009, 07:34 PM, said:

What's happening with the DVD Bargains site? I presume it is being revamped - change the price from 10 to 5!! lol

Apologies - I haven't got around to building it yet! So much stuff still to do...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skins by Skinbox

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options
  Or sign in with these services